· 3884 Wallace Road Oxford, Ohio 45056 ·
Things to Do at Sycamore Farms Inn
- Explore our 1853 bank barn and corn crib, recently selected to be the featured workshop for the 2016 Friends of Ohio Barns, Barn Tour and Conference. Groom our horses, visit the remnants of Lane's Mill or gather your eggs for breakfast from the hen house. It's your adventure!
- Walk or bicycle along the paved country road, as it follows the century old water race for the mill.
- More adventurous? Hike through the woods along the creek and explore our gravel bars laden with fossil rock.
- Spring Wild Flower blooms are not to be missed! We need help indexing all the varieties. Mary's Plant Farm 5 minutes South has a wild flower tour for those that really want an education!
- Bring your binoculars, we have wood ducks, river otters, beavers, mink, chipmunks, ground hogs, red fox, grey and red squirrel, several species of owls, abundant deer and turkey, and occasionally a lone bald eagle swoops down the creek valley. If it's nippy we'll build a bonfire or make hot chocolate.
- Golf your thing? Indian River Golf Course is a mile away, and the Hueston Woods course is 20 minutes away.
- We offer our washer and dryer if your canoe or kayak ride was a little wild.
- Fly fishing for the dedicated, bobber fishing for those who enjoy a slower pace. Seating and hammocks for readers, painters and bird watchers.
- Country Garden with vegetables and flowers to pick.
- Enjoy your breakfast outside on the patio beneath our 150 year old Linden trees or just watch the birds.
- Take your picture by our “dysfunctional“ family tree in the front yard.
- Stalls and paddocks are available if you would like to haul your horses in for the weekend, with notice.